How to Renew

Annual Renewal of Registration

Practicing and non-practicing registration expires annually at midnight on January 14th and must be renewed prior to expiry. Registration renewal opens on November 1st and the deadline for uploading renewal documents (if applicable) and paying associated fees is December 31st (of that upcoming registration year). An automatic late fee will apply to all deficient applications at 12:00am on January 1ST.

Practicing Registration

In order to be renewed and placed on the practicing registry in Manitoba, registrants must meet the following criteria:

  • Evidence of valid Liability Insurance in an amount of at least 3,000,000 aggregate and 1,000,000 maximum per claim.
  • Evidence of CPR – BLS taken in the last 12 months from one of the CDHM Council approved CPR providers. Please click on the link for the CPR guideline: CPR Practice Direction
  • Evidence of completion of Continuing Competency requirements.
  • 600 practice hours within the three years immediately preceding your application for practicing registration (400 hours if you graduated within 24 months). Applicants who have graduated from an accredited dental hygiene program within the past 12 months are not required to meet this requirement.
  • Evidence of completing a Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable sectors, within the last 5 years.

Please Note: The CDHM recognizes that registrants who hold a practicing registration may not work in a clinical practice setting. The hour requirement for renewal of registration may come from post-graduate studies or volunteer hours if given pre-approval from the CDHM. The Board of Assessors undertook the task of developing Guidelines to assist those members who wish to maintain their practicing registration but who wish to do so in an alternative method. Post-graduate education and volunteer hours may count towards the currency requirement of practice hours.

Please click on the links below for further information:

Practice Direction for Reporting Practice Hours

Practice Direction for Using Education Hours Towards Practice Hour Requirement

Practice Direction for Using Volunteer Hours Towards Practice Hour Requirement

Practice Direction for Supervision Requirement

Practice Direction for Practice Settings Requirement

  • Each registrant is required, during online registration, to make an annual declaration stating you are competent to practice.
  • Submit payment by Visa, Mastercard or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for the required fee determined by the CDHM Council.

Non-Practicing Registration

In order to be renewed on the non-practicing registry in Manitoba, registrants must meet the following criteria:

  • Each registrant is required, during online registration, to complete the annual declaration.
  • Submit payment by Visa, Mastercard, or Pre-authorized Debit (PAD) for the required fee, determined by the CDHM Council.

Transfer to the Practicing Register

  • Registrants currently on the non-practicing register, wanting to transfer to the practicing register, will be required to contact the College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba office at 204-219-2678 or email at least 2 weeks before your return to work date.
  • The criteria for obtaining practicing registration is set out under the Renewal of Registration section. Please Note: A  transfer fee, established by CDHM Council, may also be applied to the registration fee after January 15th of that year. Important: You are not authorized to practice dental hygiene in Manitoba until you have been approved and are listed on the practicing register.

Profile Changes

Contact Information – As per CDHM By-laws, Article 2.1, Obligation of Membership, you are required to inform the registrar within 30 days of a change in address and contact information (this includes changes to your cell number, email address and employer contact information). These changes are to be made by updating your profile online.

Name Change – As per CDHM By-laws, Article 2.2, if you change your name, you are required to complete the CDHM Name Change Section that is located on your online profile, within 30 days of the name change. A copy of an appropriate name change document, such as marriage certificate or an official government-issued credential, must be uploaded to your on-line profile page for review/approval by the Board of Assessors.  Upon approval, a new wall certificate will be available in digital format.

* A Notary Public is a person authorized to verify the identity of a person signing a document that is required by law. A Commissioner of Oath cannot certify or verify document.