Today Manitoba Health updated the current eligibility criteria for receiving the COVID-19 vaccination and it now includes healthcare workers in dental offices who have direct contact with patients.
Health-care workers who meet at least one of the following criteria and have direct contact with patients are eligible:
- work in acute care facilities;
- emergency response services (ERS) and specialty patient transportation workers registered with their applicable college or association in Manitoba, including professionals who perform ERS and patient transportation by land and air such as paramedics, emergency medical responders, nurses and respiratory therapists;
- work in long-term care facilities;
- home-care workers employed by a regional health authority (RHA), employed by a RHA-contracted service provider, or employed by a self- and family-managed care client;
- work in provincial or federal correctional facilities; or
- work in dental offices – NEW; or
- work in facilities providing services insured by Manitoba Health and Seniors Care in one or more of the following settings:
- primary care clinics (i.e. family physicians and/or nurse practitioner clinics);
- outpatient diagnostic imaging facilities;
- outpatient laboratories;
- outpatient surgical units;
- specialty physician clinics, such as cardiology and psychiatry; and
- elderly day programs – NEW.
See the update here for more information and how to make an appointment: February 23, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Criteria
Additionally, Shared Health has updated their Guidance on AGMPs. Please see both documents; all changes are highlighted in blue. The documents can be found here:
If you have any questions, contact the College office.
Arlynn Brodie MHS, PhD cand, RDH
Registrar, Executive Director College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba