The duties of the Council are to:
- Provide governance and leadership to the College through administration of the Act, Regulations and By-Laws;
- Exercise the rights, powers, and privileges of the College on behalf of the College;
- Establish and monitor registration and continuing competency requirements;
- Appoint and oversee the work of the committees established;
- Establish and monitor Regulations, By-Laws, Standards of Practice and Competencies; and
- Provide direction to the Registrar.
ENDS Policies are council policy statements that describe the reason for the organization’s existence and provide strategic direction for the College. Ends policies are developed based on the Council’s knowledge of and interaction with the owners – those to whom the Council is morally accountable. The current ‘ENDS’, or goals and outcomes, were prioritized with input from registrants who attended the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
The goals and outcomes current as of May 15, 2021 are:
The College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba exists so that every Manitoban has access to safe, competent dental hygiene care and expertise that maximizes their oral and overall health through the reasonable stewardship of resources.
This MEGA END is interpreted to include, but is not limited to, these 2nd level (and subsequent levels of) ENDS.
LEVEL 2 ‘PLUS’ ENDS
2.1 Every registered dental hygienist provides competent care to their full scope of practice in all settings.
2.1.1 Dental hygienists always use evidence-informed practice.
2.1.2 Dental hygienists always comply with the Legislation, Regulations, Practice Guidelines, Practice Standards & Competencies.
2.2 Every Manitoban receives competent, compassionate and affordable oral health care.
2.2.1 Underserved Manitobans, including but not limited to seniors, children and individuals in rural and remote communities, have equitable access to this care.
2.3 Other healthcare professionals recognize, value and collaborate with dental hygienists in the pursuit of overall health for all Manitobans.
The 2021/2022 CDHM Council consists of:
|Registered Dental Hygienists||Saima Klippenstein (Council Vice-Chair) |
Joan St. Laurent
|Public Representatives||Carol Hiscock (Council Chair) |