The duties of the Council are to:
- Provide governance and leadership to the College through administration of the Act, Regulations and By-Laws;
- Exercise the rights, powers, and privileges of the College on behalf of the College;
- Establish and monitor registration and continuing competency requirements;
- Appoint and oversee the work of the committees established;
- Establish and monitor Regulations, By-Laws, Standards of Practice and Competencies; and
- Provide direction to the Registrar.
Council develops goals and outcomes to create the strategic direction for the College. These goals and outcomes are revisited annually to ensure they are relevant and meaningful. The current goals and outcomes were prioritized with input from registrants who attended the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
The goals and outcomes current as of February 2019 are:
- The College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba exists so that every Manitoban will have safe, competent dental hygiene care and expertise that maximizes their oral and overall health through the reasonable stewardship of resources.
- Every registered dental hygienist provides competent care to their full scope of practice in all settings.
- Dental hygienists always use evidence-informed practice.
- Dental hygienists always comply with the legislation, Regulations, Practice Guidelines, Practice Standards & Competencies.
- Every Manitoban receives competent, compassionate and affordable oral health care.
- Underserved Manitobans, including but not limited to seniors, children and individuals in rural and remote communities, have equitable access to this care.
- Other health care professionals recognize, value and collaborate with dental hygienists in the pursuit of overall health for all Manitobans.
The 2019/2020 CDHM Council consists of:
|Registered Dental Hygienists||Lezah Evan|
Corinne Latozke (Council Vice-Chair)
|Public Representatives||Lucie Boutet|
Carol Hiscock (Council Chair)