See the CDHM COVID-19 Interim Infection Prevention Control document here Download
These Guidelines have been prepared for your review but please be reminded CDHM strongly recommends dental hygiene services, which are considered non-urgent, remain suspended until further notice. Dental hygienists can be preparing for an eventual return to work by reviewing the attached Interim IPC Guiding Document.
1. Are developed to provide guidance on a SAFE return-to-practice for both practitioners and the public
2. Have been developed by the College, in
consultation with other regulators and IPC specialists, and they have been
approved by the CDHM Council
3. Are developed with the most current evidence and research available to date
4. Are a living document and will be continuously updated as more research and evidence becomes available
- The CDHM has not determined a back-to-work date for non-essential dental hygiene services, however registrants will be informed once this date is determined based on evidence of safe practice.
CDHM Registrar, Executive Director