Please download the Member Nomination Form
The College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba (CDHM) is extending a Call for Nominations for two (2) Registered Dental Hygienists who are interested in serving on the CDHM Council for a three (3) year term (2019-2022). Council encourages registrants from all areas of the province to consider serving on Council. Please contact the College for information on honoraria and reimbursement for travel expenses.
The election to fill the Council vacancies will occur at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on October 26, 2019 at the Victoria Inn, 1808 Wellington Ave., Winnipeg.
Members who are eligible to serve on Council must:
- Be on the Register of Dental Hygienists in Manitoba (practicing or non-practicing)
- Be in good standing on the date of the election
- Have practiced as a Dental Hygienist in Canada for a minimum of two (2) years
- Not currently be, or have been in the past 12 months, a Director or Officer of the Manitoba Dental Hygienists Association
Council is seeking individuals who have characteristics that support the goals and core values of the College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba:
- Commitment to linking with the legal and moral ownership (the public and registrants of the College), understanding the Council acts on behalf of the entire moral ownership rather than specific individuals, interest groups or organizations
- Visionary with the ability to see the big picture
- Moral courage and the willingness to value reasonable risk and innovation that grows the profession of dental hygiene
- Willingness to delegate the operational detail to others
- Ability and willingness to participate in deliberation, while respecting the opinions of others
- Willingness and commitment to honour Council policies and decisions
- Willingness to engage in the orientation, training and ongoing study and application of the Policy Governance® model of governance
- Familiar with basic computing skills
CDHM Council Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attending Council meetings and the AGM
- Council meetings are either one (1) or two (2) days, held 4-5 times per year
- Providing governance and leadership through administration of the Act, Regulations and By-Laws
- Exercising the rights, powers and privileges of the College on behalf of the College
- Establishing and monitoring registration and continuing competency requirements
- Appointing and overseeing the work of Council appointed committees
- Establishing and monitoring Council policies under Policy Governance
- Providing direction for the Registrar
If you, or someone you know, are interested in contributing their time, talent and wisdom to the growth of the profession of dental hygiene in the province, please submit the following forms below to the CDHM Office on or before Friday, July 26, 2019.
The nomination must be supported by at least three (3) voting members, together with the written consent of the person nominated. Please submit a nomination and biography form to the CDHM Office by email or regular mail. Please download the form here
Please contact myself, or the Council Chair, Karina Hiebert at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information. If Council work may not be for you, but you have an interest in volunteering for a working group, committee or event, we would like to hear from you!
On behalf of the Nominations Committee,
Chair, Nominations Committee